|Ty the Tasmanian Tiger|
Ty as seen in Ty 3: Night of the Quinkan
|Full name||Ty (Tyler) the Tasmanian Tiger|
|Relatives||Bri (Father), Di (Mother), Betty (Sister), Sly (Brother)|
|Species||Tasmanian Tiger (Thylacine)|
|Behind the scenes information|
|Voice Actor|| Stig Wemyss (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger)
Greg Ellis (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan
Tyler '"Ty"' the Tasmanian Tiger (most commonly referred to as Ty), is the main protagonist of the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series. He has appeared in each of the series' three games.
Ty starts out as an orphan in the first game. However he ends up very well-known and is very popular by the end of the third game. In real life, Ty's species, the Thylacine, also known as the Tasmanian Tiger and the Tasmanian Wolf, is a meat-eating marsupial now believed to be extinct, despite some current sightings.
Ty is the main character of each of the three games. He is the hero, and so is involved with every event in the game has to offer.
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Ty was originally thought to be an orphan in the first Ty game because of events that took place before gameplay. He was found as a child and was raised by The Bilbies, who are small, blue Marsupials who live underground. In the opening of the first game, Ty falls down a chasm while playing with one of the bilbie boys and discovers The Bunyips , who are large, half-spirit, half-beast creatures. They tell him that his parents were imprisoned by Boss Cass in the Dream Time and that he must find a way to free them. At the end of the game, Boss Cass is taken to prison for his crimes and Ty's Family is set free.
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan
- "No Worries!"
- "You Beauty!"
- "Sweet as!"
- "No Worries. Unless you're Boss Cass!"
- Ty carries some of the trademark characteristics of his species, such as the stripes on his back and tail, and of course, a powerful bite.
- Ty did not talk much in the first game, usually preferring one-liners. By the second and third game, his dialogue had become much more developed.
- Ty's species, the Thylacine, is currently listed as extinct; although sightings are common.
- Ty also shares appearance with the video game character Rayman, especially as he looks in his third game, Rayman 3:Hoodlum Havoc.
- In some concept art, it is shown that Ty was originally supposed to be wearing plain blue shorts and sneakers. Some art depicts him wearing a green version of his normal attire with the same going for him as a child.
- There was going to be a mechanical Ty that would be an antagonist after the first game, similar to Metal Sonic from the Sonic franchise. This, Mecha-Ty, who's name is Cy can be seen in concept art and during the final cut-scene. CY 512 makes an appearance in Ty 2, wandering around a set path in town and occasionally speaking. An updated version of CY 512, CY 1024, can be seen in Ty 3 in Cassopolis and unlike his previous model, stays in one spot.
- A Cy is playable in the Racing Mini-game in Ty 2 and three appear as enemies only in a Training Arena, copying Ty's fighting style.
- Ty is in a relationship with Shazza the Dingo, despite being an entirely different species.
- Ty is an unlockable costume in Blade Kitten, another game by Krome Studios.
- In the game there is a glitch where Ty is swimming naked in Crikey's Cove.
- It has been stated by Steve Stamatiadis that Ty's full name is, in fact Tyrone, as he was named after a friend.
- Stamatiadis has been asked if Ty had official middle and surname. He stated that it was never thought about while making the games, but if it was up to him Ty's full name would be something like "Tyrone Tiberius Thylacine".
- Ty's underwear was revealed in the Facebook Game, Bush Rescue HQ. In the game, the player could customize Ty with whatever kind of gear they wanted him to have. One of the options was for him to run around without pants on, leaving him wearing nothing more but a pair of white briefs.