|Behind the scenes information|
|First appearance||"Ty the Tasmanian Tiger"|
Cy's first appearance was the secret ending of Ty the Tasmanian Tiger in a short scene lasting a few seconds, with his eyes flickering to life.
In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2, Cy can be seen walking back and forth in the town. However, the Cy which appeared in the secret ending of the first game is one of the enemies fought in Julius' Training Ground. There are five of him to fight, and he is the final enemy which is also the hardest to defeat, taking more hits than the others. Ty must avoid the boomerangs he shoots.
In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3, Cy is located in the western sewer area of Cassopolis, all alone and apparently surrounded by sewer monsters. He is also a playable character in the Cart racing mini game.
"Greetings Ty unit."
"I recently discovered some irony in my programming. My name is Cy, but I am unable to sigh. Listen to me try. Squuurrrggghhh!"
"I think my CD burner is broken. Whenever I put in a CD, it just catches on fire."
"Initializing greeting program... Hello."
"Welcome and thank you for installing Cy. Would you like to take a tour of my new features?"
"Forgive me if I seem distant. I just went to the doctor and found out I have a virus. I am not allowed to send attachments.""You are now logged on to Cy. You have one new email."
- Cy is a mechanical duplicate of the main character, a common plot device in fiction. He is most conceptually similar to Sonic the Hedgehog's metal doubles, in that his appearance is altered each time he appears. Cy is mostly related to the popular and most occuring Sonic robot, Metal Sonic, who has been in the 'Sonic the Hedgehog' series since 1993.
- Though judging from the secret ending in Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Cy was likely to become an antagonist, he was instead relegated to cameo status in the next two games, appearing as an NPC that could be conversed with.
- In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3, you can clearly see if you walk up to Cy that he is taller than Ty. However, the Cy prototype in the second game slouches, making him smaller than Ty.
- Cy's right eye is red while his left eye is blue.
- In the third game, Cy says some quotes which sound very robotic, as expected. However, some of his quotes - like other civilians' - are puns. For example: he says his mailbox was filled with spam and junk mail so he'd rather stick to email, his CD burner keeps catching on fire, his name is Cy but he cannot sigh and he went to the doctor and learn he had a virus.
- In Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2, Cass kidnapped everyone in town for their warm blood including Cy which is pointless because he has no natural thylacine blood.